The project had the objective of introducing a comprehensive production / logistics concept in various plant locations – for new products (i3 and i8), a new type of production (carbon technology) and new employees (training & education). Within the scope of our business consulting services, we focused on the transfer of the technical requirements into specific
process representations as well as the creation of the system proposals and the IT concepts for all relevant systems. In addition, our experts from other service areas supported the implementation of the requirements, test management and start-up management.
- Very large project organisation, distributed across different locations, with internal and external employees
- Setting up the multi-project organisation and project structures
- Moderation of workshops and preparation of decision papers
- Supporting the project management in the creation of the production / logistics concept across all production locations incl. the required quality specifications and securing / verifying feasibility
- Taking over all preparatory activities for the project management (planning, steering, steering committees, workshop preparation and actual execution, decision templates, documentation) in order to ensure free space for technical support of the project manager in the project
- Planning, steering and coordination of all test management tasks
- Contributing the methodological competence and the organisation of implementation
- 40 IT systems involved (SAP and non-SAP systems) at headquarters and production sites
Success Story Zeppelin
Introduction and implementation of quality assurance measures in the SAP Z ONE programme for the introduction of SAP R/3 for Caterpillar.